- 2014, “I Believe That I Will Never Quite Know/After Mary Oliver” 73 See Gallery, Montclair N.J.
- 2011, “What You Get Is To Be Changed,” NJ Arts Incubator, West Orange, NJ.
- 2010, The University of the Arts Thesis Exhibition, Philadelphia, PA.
- 2009, “Kitchen”, Orbis, Montclair, N.J.
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS
- 2015, “Old Enough to Know Better,” Crane Arts Building, Philadelphia, PA.
- 2015, “11-Point Perspective,” Pierro Gallery, South Orange, NJ.
- 2014, “Everyone I’ve Ever Fed” two-person exhibition, 73 See Gallery, Montclair, N.J.
- 2013, “Making It”, University of the Arts, Philadelphia, PA.
- 2013, “Here in the Same Open Emptiness/After Marina Tsvetaeva” 73 See Gallery, N.J.
- 2013, “Of the Land,” chaNorth Alumni Exhibition, New York, N.Y.
- 2012, “Mudluscious,” New Jersey Arts Incubator, West Orange, NJ.
- 2011, “Pale Language,” New Jersey Arts Incubator, West Orange, NJ.
- 2011, Visual Arts Center of New Jersey 25th International Juried Show, 1/14, Summit, NJ.
- 2010 “Future Excavations: Artists, Remnants and Relics,” Gallery 224, The University of the Arts, Philadelphia, PA.
- 2010 “It’s Complicated,” Rosenwald Wolf Gallery, The University of the Arts, Philadelphia, PA.
- 2010 “2D or Not 2D,” Juried by Chuck Arnoldi and Gregory Amenoff, President’s Office Gallery, The University of the Arts,Philadelphia, PA,
- 2009, “Works in Progress”, The University of the Arts, Philadelphia, PA.
- 2009, “A Pinch and a Dash”, Mills Pond House Gallery, St. James, NY.
- 2008, “Works in Progress”, The University of the Arts, Philadelphia, PA.
- 2008, Launch of online gallery and blog, <ahref=”http://www.jellypress.com/”>www.jellypress.com.
- 2007, Launch of online gallery, www.nancygailring.com.
- 2005, “Essentials” New Door Creative Gallery, Baltimore, MD.
- 2005, “Subtleties” Iandor Fine Art Gallery, Newark, NJ.
- 1990, “Women figure”, School 33 Gallery, Baltimore, MD.
- 1990, “Anniversary Benefit,” P.S. 122 Gallery, NYC.
- 1989, “New Works,” Two-person show, Limner Gallery, NYC.
- 1988, “Visual Impact,” Salena Gallery, Brooklyn, NY.
- 1988, “Unique Investigations,” P.S. 122 Gallery, NYC.
- 1987, “Juried Show”, Summit Art Center, Summit, NJ.
- 1986, “New Names” Bryant Library Gallery, Roslyn NY.
- 1986, “Works on Paper”, Gallery Henoch, NYC.
- 1983, The 68th Hudson River Annual, Hudson River Museum, Yonkers, NY.
- 1983, “New Drawing in America”, The Drawing Center, NYC, catalog.
- 1981, “Selections 14” The Drawing Center, New York, NY.
- 2012, Featured Artist, Morpheme Magazine, www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/413331, Issue 2, pg. 32 – 35
- 2012, “Little Big Skies,” www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/413331, Featured Artist, July 27, Brush Creek Foundation for the Arts Blog.
- Coca Cola, Atlanta, Georgia
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital
- Copley Real Estate, Boston, Mass.
- Phillip Morris, Inc., New York, N.Y.
- Prudential Insurance Company, N.J.
- Southeast Banking Company, Coral Gables, Florida
- Shaw, Pittman, Potts & Trowbridge, N.Y.
- 2014, Artist-in-Residence, Virginia Center for the Creative Arts, June
- 2014, Artist-in-Residence, Soaring Gardens, PA, July
- 2013, Artist-in-Residence, Ucross Foundation, August.
- 2013, Artist-in-Residence, I-park, CT, July.
- 2012, Artist-in-Residence, chaNorth, Pine Plains, NY, July.
- 2012, Artist-in-Residence, Brush Creek Foundation, Saratoga, WY, June.
- 2011, Artist-in-Residence, Vermont Studio Center, Johnson, VT, July.
- 1989, Artist-in-Residence, Djerassi Foundation, Ca., August.
- 1988, Artist-in-Residence, Zebra Art Gallery, Formentera, Spain, July.
- 1987, Artist-in-Residence, Villa Montalvo Center for the Arts, Ca., July, August.
- NJ Star Ledger, December 1, 2011, “Romantic Fragments in West Orange,” Dan Bischoff, p. 31, review of solo exhibition “What You Get Is To Be Changed”
- West Orange Patch, September 17, 2011, “Three Artists Share a Pale Language,” Carol Selman, online, West Orange, NJ. Three Artists Share a Pale Language
- The Sun, October 24, 1990, “Women Figure”, John Dorsey, p. 1H, Baltimore, MD
- The Phoenix, Dec. 15, 1988, “Making a Visual Impact”, Hamilton, p.14, Brooklyn
- Artforum, April 1982, “New Drawing in America”, Donald B. Kuspit, p. 83
- Catalog, Jan. 1982, “New Drawing in America”, p. 13, The Drawing Center, NYC
- New York Times, Friday, July 17, 1981, “Selections 14”, Vivien Raynor, p. C22
- 1996, Author and illustrator of Walking On Walnuts, a culinary memoir, Bantam Books, regional bestseller, national media
- 2000 – 2004, Columnist and feature food writer for the New Jersey Star Ledger.
- 2015, Visiting Artist, Painting, Bloomfield College, Bloomfield, NJ.
- 1996, Appeared on numerous television and radio shows, and in a national book tour to promote Walking On Walnuts, a culinary memoir
- 1996, Lecturer, The Smithsonian Institute, Washington, D.C.
- 1987, Guest Lecturer, Skidmore College, Visiting Artists Series in conjunction with New York Foundation for the Arts Artists’ Fellowship Award.
- Art educator, Seth Boyden School, Maplewood, N.J. 2014 – present
- Art educator, Far Brook School, Short Hills, N.J. 2004 – 2014
- Curator of Exhibitions, NJ Arts Incubator,West Orange, NJ, 2011-2012
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2012, Scholarship Award, Painting, chaNorth artist-in-residence program, Pine Plains, NY
- 2011, Fellowship Award in Painting and Materials Stipend, Vermont Studio Center.
- 2011, Honorable Mention in Painting, The Visual Art Center of NJ, Summit.
- 2010, Nominee, The Dedalus Foundation Master of Fine Arts Fellowship in Painting
- 1988, Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation/NEA Regional Fellowship Award for Works on Paper
- 1987, New York Foundation for the Arts Artists’ Fellowship Award in Drawing.
- 1987, Monticello Foundation Fellowship Award, Montalvo Center for the Arts.
- 2001 – 2004, Muralist, residential commissions, New York, NY.
- 2010, The University of the Arts, Philadelphia, Pa. M. F.A. Painting.
- 1978, Syracuse University School of Visual and Performing Arts, graduate cum laude B.F.A in Studio Art.
- 1975 – 76, School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Mass.